Rays Of Sunshine Foundation was formed in memory and in honor of an amazing six month old baby boy named Jeremy. Jeremy passed away in June of 2008 while awaiting a heart transplant at Johns Hopkins Hospital. Jeremy and his family spent many months in the PICU during his illness and were blessed by many support networks both connected to the hospital and also within their home community. Jeremy’s family cannot imagine what they would have done without the love, prayers, and support from so many others during such a tragic time
in their lives.
It was during this trial that Jeremy’s family learned the true meaning of a compassionate heart. Jeremy’s family was on the receiving end of a many compassionate acts, both large and small. Each and every experience has remained in their hearts to this day and will never be forgotten.
We all have something to give to others in need. Sometimes it is our time, other times it may be our talents and treasures. Even the smallest act of kindness can have a huge impact on the heart of another.
Rays of Sunshine was formed from the bottoms of some very grateful hearts. The foundation will serve to support other critically ill children and their families through various ways. Jeremy’s family began some of these programs privately and with the continued and generous support of many Prayer Warriors. It is their hope that the current displays of support and hopefully many others to come will continue to be a blessing to others with the recent
expansion into a Non-Profit Foundation recognized by the state of Maryland.
Some of the current support areas include :
- providing Kleenex Purse Size tissue packs to the Johns Hopkins PICU
- supporting the Child Life Department at Johns Hopkins Hospital in fulfilling some of their
wish list items
- providing gift bags with hospital essentials and blankets (toiletries, snacks, magazines, pens,
etc) to families of children in the Johns Hopkins PICU
- supporting the Believe in Tomorrow Foundation by:
- preparing and serving meals to families staying at The Children’s House, a respite home
near the hospital for the families of critically ill children
- helping to provide homemade baked goods and treats to the Children’s House
- helping to fulfill some of the wish list items needed at the Children’s House
- donating Mother’s Day and Father’s Day gift bags to parents spending those holidays at the
hospital with their critically ill children
At the present time this website is under development.
If you would like to support or be a part of the Rays of Sunshine Foundation please contact Amy @ email@example.com. You can visit her blog at findingsunshineagain.blogspot.com.
If you wish to donate financial support, checks made payable to the Rays of Sunshine Foundation can be mailed to Rays of Sunshine Foundation c/o J. Scott Morse, Esq, 9 Newburg Ave, Ste 201, Catonsville, MD 21228.
Thank you for your support and please keep all of the critically ill children and their families in your prayers!